Sara’s Scribbles

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Believe in Something

Okay, I loved this one so much I just had to share.



"All of us have to believe in something transcendant," he says, "There is a sense in disney that you have to believe in a transcendant power. Americans have faith, and if you have faith, things will work out well. Many in this country believe that people who don't have faith in something are really non-American. We're not really going to tell you what you have to believe in, but you have to have faith in something beyond yourself. It's not what you believe in that makes the difference, it's the believing that makes the difference. Believing people are to be trusted; non-believing people are not to be trusted. So we don't care what you believe in, but if you don't have a faith, you're nothing in American society."

Tony Campolo as quoted in The Gospel According to Disney by Mark I. Pinsky

Ephasis already there.



First Reading: Hmmm.... it's kind of hard to see what's being said here, but I think I'll get it....

Second Reading: So it doesn't matter what I believe in?

Third Reading: So if I believe in Big toes, I am automaticlly a good person and can be trusted! Wait, it says something beyond myself.

Fourth Reading: so if I believe in somebody else's big toe, am I automatically a good person?



You go figure.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home