Sara’s Scribbles

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our 4th of July Celebration!

I am a bit late with these......I have simply got to be more consistent with my blog, or nobody will be coming back to read it. :-) By, the way, I haven't forgotten about my reading list. I promise I WILL HAVE MY SUMMARY UP VERY, VERY, VERY SOON!



So, here we go.






Bekah and Emmi frost cupcakes.







Me......."Let me get this extra out of the way, y'all" :-)





Mama, helping.



Let me help!





Natalie, ever helpful, saw where Bekah had put too much frosting, and was kind enough to take care of it for her.:-)






Dad's got frosting!



Not!





Emily was in charge of decorating the cupcakes......



She did such a lovely job........



This year, I was in charge of making our traditional Flag Cake! Our Flag Cake is simply a rectangular shortcake, with whipped cream on the top, and blueberries and strawberries placed in a flag pattern. It's also very delicious!




Whipping the cream......by hand.:-p






The cake! (sorry for the silly grin........I don't usually try to look that way.....:-))


During the afternoon, Dad, Bekah and Emmi set up out little pool outside......it was a very hot day, so they really enjoyed it.







The look on Natalie's face when she first saw the pool. It had a little slide shaped like a turtles head, so in a way looked like I big, green, funny, turtle. :-)




You've got to be kidding me.......







Look out pool, here I come!!!!








Natalie enjoying the slide!






After supper, we got ready to go and see fireworks!


We had to park about a mile away from the park where the fireworks were held. There was a great deal of people there.......


more than Natalie was used to seeing!



The Van Meter Ladies.....Me, Mama, Rebekah, Emily, Natalie.



We had to wait about an hour and a half before it was dark enough to hold fireworks......



Natalie eagerly awaiting the "lights" as she called them.










Bekah.





Adorable.




And at last, the fireworks!

This one looks like a balloon......



This is sorta like a flower.....



Stunning.


My favorite. I think it looks like a carrot. :-)


Mama took all of the fireworks pictures. Didn't they turn out beautifully?


Well, that was our 4Th of July! I hope everyone enjoyed theirs as much as we did ours!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Wow you took a lot of neat photos! The cupcakes look so yummy!!!

    And the firework photos! Wow those are really great too!

    Blessings!
    Miss Jocelyn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 14, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

  • Hey!
    Wow it looks like y'all had a blast! And I don't think that your grin looks silly at all.
    Hope to see you soon!
    Sarah

    By Blogger Me, At July 14, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home