Sara’s Scribbles

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New Dresses!!!

Lately I've been working on making Christmas dresses. So far I have Rebekah and Emily's done. I decided to the Girl's Regency Dress from Sense and Sensibility. It went together splendidly and I will definitely be using that pattern again!











Pieces.......










Seam ripping.......(I have gotten so good with my seam ripper, I could probably use it in my sleep!)











Sewing........












And the finished products!

And while we're at it, here is the picture of a dress I made me, inspired by the film Wives and Daughters. I used the Romantic Dress pattern, also available from Sense and Sensibility. The sleeves aren't actually as "balloon-y" as they appear, it's just the way I'm standing. I have taken them in as well, which has really helped reduce the size.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home