Sara’s Scribbles

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Little Sister Follows Me.....

I discovered this poem several months ago. As the oldest of four sisters, this has blessed me (and taught me) a good deal.




A Little Sister Follows Me
author unknown
A careful girl I want to be;
A little sister follows me.
I do not dare to go astray
For fear she'll go the selfsame way.
I cannot once escape her eyes;
Whate'er she sees me do, she tries;
Like me she says she's going to be-
That little sister following me.
She thinks that I am good and fine;
Believes in every word of mine.
The bad in me she must not see-
That little sister following me.
I must remember as I go,
Through summer's sun and winters snow;
I'm building for the years to be
That little sister following me. ~

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home